The position will involve heading up the procurement function to support the organisation’s objectives and ambitions. You will use your expertise to make cost savings across the organisation and improve the procurement function, helping to minimise risks and develop new policies and strategies along the way ensuring best practice is demonstrated.
Key Responsibilities / Outputs:
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and embedding of policies, procedures and systems that support the company’s purchasing of goods and services.
- Partner closely with internal and external customers to deliver effective procurement strategies.
- Drive internal controls and monitor all procurement activities.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the organisation.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organisational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to drive cost control and accountability through the organisation.
- Liaise with key internal customers to determine their product and service needs.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company.
- Identify and research potential new suppliers.
- Research new products and services to meet company’s goals
- Assess total costs of company purchases.
- Develop where appropriate a centralised procurement program that adds value and efficiency to the organisation.
- Process purchase orders; develop bids and proposals; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business or equivalent, ideally in Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
- Experience with sourcing and procurement
- A track record of delivering savings and collaborative working
- Strong stakeholder management skills/ evidence of working closely with clients
- Logistics, preferably pharmaceutical industry, ‘Operational’ facing experience.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships within all levels of organisations.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Effective planning, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities,
- Knowledge of Supply Management Software (Database Management, Inventory Management, Financial Analysis, Point of Sale, Procurement, Project Management, and Enterprise Resource Planning, and General Office Programs)
- 33 Days Annual Leave (Inclusive of Bank Holiday)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Car Allowance
Please send your CV to our Human Resources department (Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org) and include your desired salary and earliest possible starting date.
Movianto UK Ltd