The Regional Health & Safety Advisor is accountable to the National Health & Safety Manager for the delivery of H&S Regional Support. As Regional H&S Advisor, you will ensure the compliance of Movianto UK to relevant Health & Safety legislation, such as OHSAS18001, (ISO45001 pending), ADR and COSHH by carrying out risk assessments, investigating and reporting accidents, implementing safe systems of working and conducting site audits. Safety awareness training as required, including responsibility for leading H&S within the geographical areas, ensuring adherence to all agreed processes and operating procedures.
Key Responsibilities / Outputs:
- Leadership & Management – H&S support functions within the Region (may include overseas regions):
- This includes promoting strong working relationships across the depots within your regional area.
- Articulate within the region the Health and Safety vision, policy and guidance that supports the organisation’s broader aims and objectives and is involved in assisting in developing and implementing strategies to maximise the contribution and benefits of Health and Safety within the organisation.
- Assurance & Performance Reporting:
- Support the National H&S Manager and report on performance regionally, specifically targeting H&S legislation, codes of practice, and policies are being fully complied with, and where non-compliance occurs it is identified and elevated to the appropriate level and resolved.
- Assisting in acting as the conscience in the organisation, making interventions whenever necessary to ensure customer and stakeholder requirements are addressed. Advocate, and champion the principle of planning for Health and Safety to prevent potential problems, delivering Company Value of Safety First.
- Responsible for ensuring a collaborative working approach which delivers a service to an agreed programme, driving performance standards and identifying opportunities for efficiencies and improvements. Ensuring that the H&S aspects are addressed and supported through to completion and providing a solution where possible to support the delivery of the business activities.
- To work where required with any Safety consultant to evaluate and implement existing and new policies and procedures regarding Health and Safety matters and a means to monitor these.
- To monitor and supervise the accident reporting procedure, including the correct notification to the Health and Safety Executive and other relevant organisations (e.g. local authorities.) In particular, the investigation of all serious accidents and incidents.
- To collect reports and statistics on accidents and incidents in a manner that they can be understood and to present them periodically as required.
- To ensure compliance with the requirements of OHSAS18001.
- To assist with the transition toward ISO45001 (from OHSAS18001.)
- To assist the National Health & Safety Manager with Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor issues in conjunction with other trained individuals to ensure that safe and legal despatch of hazardous materials by road, sea or air with regards to identification, packaging and labelling
- Stakeholder Management & Communications:
- Develop internal relationships with key stakeholders, both internal & external, and anticipate future H&S requirements.
- Assist the National H&S Manager to understand and prioritise internal outputs to meet delivery goals.
- Have input into various H&S communication methods such as Focus on Safety, safety moments, toolbox talks, training etc.
- H&S Training Support:
- Assist in carrying out H&S specific training as requested for employees to support individual departments in meeting their mandatory and risk specific personnel training needs.
- Develop and implement relevant training, empowering employees to instil a Health & Safety Culture within Movianto UK.
- NEBOSH Certification ( level 3) H&S or equivalent in H&S
- Driving Licence
- Previous experience of working within a health & safety role within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to present and communicate with confidence to a wide range of audience
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Able to complete work with minimal supervision
- Able to work within a team and individually
- Enthusiastically drive vision and change
- 33 Days Annual Leave (Inclusive of Bank Holiday)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Car Allowance
Please send your CV to our Human Resources department (Recruitment.email@example.com) and include your desired salary and earliest possible starting date
Movianto UK Ltd